PepsiCo Manufacturing Operations Associate (144808) from Career4Terps
UVM: Center Administrater
OPM's nutrition teams:
Contact: Refers to www.jobs.umd.edu
March/ 09/ 2016
LAC Group is seeking candidates to work as a student interns for Childhood Nutrition for a major Federal Agency in the Washington, DC area. The Interns will search for and identify new food and nutrition related resources, ensure the quality and accuracy of web content, and manage list-serves and social media accounts relating to the topic. He/She will also respond to reference requests from researchers and the general product and help to promote the use of the web portal and applications. The Specialist will also help in developing new information products.
- Knowledge of food and nutrition
- Candidate for a Bachelors or advanced degree in food and nutrition or a closely related field
- Knowledge of social media, internet research and MS Office suite
- Knowledge of a wide range of techniques, methods and sources for researching food and nutrition information
- Experience with databases and desktop publishing is preferred
- Ability to work with clients from a diverse background
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to express complex ideas in clear, easy to understand language
To apply, please send a resume to Jonathan Barney at firstname.lastname@example.org
students who are interested in research experience, Dr. Michele Mietus-Snyder, a pediatric cardiologist here at Children’s National, has opportunities for school-based nutrition interventions. She would love to have help from Nutrition students. She is planning one of these interventions this spring at Savoy Elementary. Savoy can be reached by Metro. Her contact information is as follows:
Michele Mietus-Snyder, MD
Co-Director, Children's National Obesity Institute
Center for Translational Science
Associate Professor, George Washington University
Children’s National Health System
111 Michigan Ave NW, 6M-7653
Washington DC, 20010
Nutritional Science Internship: Nutrition informatics in DC
Interns will work directly with Nutritionix’s registered dietitians and company founders on projects that will provide an in depth look into consumer-based nutrition informatics. This position provides ideal experiences for a dietetic internship applicant. In addition to portfolio and resume building experiences,interns will also have the opportunity to establish invaluable contacts in the fields of nutrition informatics, nutrition technology, as well as the food and restaurant industries.
We are located in downtown DC next to the Metro Center Metro stop. A car is NOT required.
This is a paid internship.
Opportunities and experiences include:
· International grocery data research
· Food data analysis and trend reporting
· Industry outreach in the food and restaurant sectors
· Product development and user testing for web and mobile based technologies
· Quality control of nutrition data for restaurant chains and the API
· Job description is fluid. There is opportunity to get involved in different experiences based on strengths, interests and as new projects arise.
· Background in nutrition (nutrition/dietetics/food science majors preferred)
· Incoming Juniors, Seniors or recent graduates
· Must be able to start by January 25th
· Internship is the duration of the Spring semester
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
· Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
· Passion for exploring the intersection of nutrition and technology
Please send an email with a PDF version of your resume and the subject line "Nutrition Intern" to email@example.com
Food Science Internship: Honest Tea’s Research and Development in Bethesda, MD
We’re looking to bring on an intern, majoring in Food Science or equivalent, starting the beginning of 2016. Ideally he/she would come in 2-3 times a week (10-20 hours) during the school year. There is a possibility to extend the internship through the summer (30-40 hours/week). Ideally we’re looking for a Junior, but Seniors and Sophomores will be considered as well.
The intern will support us in R&D/Product Development on the technical side. Some responsibilities will include:
• Create prototypes for new and current innovations
• Generate samples for R&D, sales and marketing
• Coordinate ingredient requests
• Procure, update and manage regulatory documentation, kosher and organic certifications, ingredient specifications
• Coordinate and organize product formulations
• Participate in field excursions for product launches and quality approvals
• Assist in execution of plant test protocols
• Manage lab inventory (ingredients, equipment)