The Student Dietetic Association (SDA) is run by Dietetics students at the University of Maryland. The organization provides students interested in nutrition opportunities to:
- Make new friends
- Network with professors and industry experts
- Learn about nutrition and dietetics field
- Expand knowledge base
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Begin building a strong resume by adding a worthwhile extracurricular activity
- Enjoy college experience more
- Have fun
Plus, it's free to join, so plan to participate in the next SDA activity.
The SDA exists to unite and support the students within the Department of Nutrition and Food Science by providing opportunities and guidance in accomplishing educational and career goals and developing leadership skills. We aim to achieve this in four ways:
- By cultivating relationships with other organizations within the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources to promote our club
- By participating in other University of Maryland student activities to foster interest and involvement in our club
- By establishing ties with the larger community of College Park in order to apply learned skills and create a sense of civic responsibility
- By producing a network of peer support through various means of information exchange.