Professional Club. Open To All Majors
The Student Dietetic Association was founded as a professional organization for students at the University of Maryland, College Park. The club is open to all majors but is specially designed for students of the dietetics program. With guest lecturers, volunteer opportunities, and monthly meetings, the organization seeks to foster community among students and professionals involved with nutrition. The club meets once a month on campus. The organization provides an opportunity for students to explore careers available in dietetics.
The organization provides students interested in nutrition opportunities to:
- Make new friends
- Network with professors and industry experts
- Learn about nutrition and dietetics field
- Expand knowledge base
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
- Begin building a strong resume by adding a worthwhile extracurricular activity
- enjoy college experience more
- Have fun
The SDA exists to unite and support the students within the Department of Nutrition and Food Science by providing opportunities and guidance in accomplishing educational and career goals and developing leadership skills. We aim to achieve this in four ways:
- By cultivating relationships with other organizations within the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources to promote our club
- By participating in other University of Maryland student activities to foster interest and involvement in our club
- By establishing ties with the larger community of College Park in order to apply learned skills and create a sense of civic responsibility
- By producing a network of peer support through various means of information exchange.
For additional information check out our Facebook page. So, plan to participate in the next SDA activity!